Volunteers Are Key to Our Success and Sustainability
As a volunteer, you will:
- Meet others and build relationships here in your own community
- Share your skills and your time
- Make a positive difference in someone’s life
- Have fun while giving back to your community
There are many ways to volunteer with HAH.
We need help in these areas:
- Social work or nursing – to conduct home visit assessments and connect older neighbors with resources
- Construction/maintenance trades – to participate in home repairs that keep members of our community safer, warmer, and drier
- Social connection – to make weekly phone calls to neighbors, providing support or socialization
- Cooking and/or hosting – to provide meals and social opportunities through our Lunch with Friends, Meals in a Pinch, Cooking at 43° North programs
- Driving – to provide free rides to appointments, run errands, or socialize
- Project management – to plan/coordinate one of our efforts and activities
- Leadership – to chair one of our committees, engaging volunteers to help drive our mission
- Creative – to direct or take part in one of our TV programs on health and wellness, photography/videography, graphic design, etc. or other types of artistic expression
- Writing/editing – to communicate about and promote awareness of HAH and our activities
- Social media – to support our communication efforts in promoting HAH
Please join us in supporting our community to age in place. After all, everybody needs a hand sometimes.
For more information about volunteering, please complete the form or email us at [email protected].