Friends Together Coordinator
Part-Time, Contract Position
The Friends Together Coordinator will organize eight, three-hour programs (four in autumn; four in winter) to provide social, healthy, and fun activities targeted to Harpswell’s older population.
The successful candidate will:
- Co-create the program activity schedule
- Communicate with and support the presenters
- Be the main contact for participants, handling day-today questions by email and phone
- Be on-site for the program, handling room set-up and logistics
- Process payments and reports
- Work in partnership with HAH’s Communication Team to market the program, the Friends Together Committee on program planning, and the Town of Harpswell Recreation and Community Services staff
Friends Together is a drop-in program that will run weekly on Thursday mornings from 9:30-12:30 at the Harpswell Town Office from mid-October to mid-November and then from mid-February to mid-March. This program was piloted in the fall of 2022 and served approximately 20-30 people a week for eight weeks. In the pilot, each session consisted of a movement/stretching/yoga/Tai chi component, a hands-on activity, and a program on a related health and wellness topic. The format of this next group of sessions is flexible.
Interested candidates should fill out the application below and attach a letter of interest or resume specifying relevant program coordination and communication experience, plus references.
Deadline for submission is April 21, 2023.
"*" indicates required fields